Friday, July 5, 2013

Best White Bread I have ever tasted!

When I started making bread I made sure to steer away from my go to white sandwich bread for a couple of reasons; I knew if I made it the kids and I would want to eat it instead of the healthier option of the whole wheat bread.  Though to be honest for me there is something about a nice slice of white bread and I will tell you, this might be the best yet.  For anyone that is looking to have a taste similar to what we buy at the grocery store minus all of the extras this is for you.

Soft White Bread



Ingredients (2 large Loaves)

2 cups warm water
4 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup Vegatable oil
6 tbl sugar
2 tsp salt
6 cups white flour
3 tbl wheat gluten flour (optional)

Instructions

  1. Mix your water, yeast and sugar in a bowl and let sit 5-10 minutes till it is all frothy
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients in to the liquid mixture
  3. Mix well until you have a nice soft ball of dough
  4. Put in a slightly greased bowl to rise, cover with a towel.  Let rise approx 45 minutes or until doubled in size
  5. Divide the dough into two and shape into loaves and put in pans.
  6. Let rise until doubled in size approx another 45 min
  7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25min
  8. Let cool completely on a wire rack

*This bread freezes very well
*When doubling this recipe do not dbl the yeast (I have made this mistake) use 5tsp instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment