Melt in your mouth Baked Donuts
Picture to come!
Ingredients3 C flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 C sugar
1 tbls active yeast
1 3/4 C warm/hot milk
1/3 cup soft butter
- In your mixing bowl add flour, salt, sugar, yeast and eggs. Slowly mix
- Heat your milk till close to boiling, melt your butter in the milk
- slowly add your milk/butter mixture to your flour mixture and mix with dough hook for about 5 minutes
- This dough will be thick and does not form a ball
- Cover with saran wrap and let rise for 1 hour or till doubled in size
- Dump out onto a floured surface and need for 30 seconds
- flatten the dough with your hands till it is about 2 cm thick and cut using a round cookie cutter or a glass.
- Place donuts on a lined baking sheet
- Let rise for 45 -1 hour or till doubled
- Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes
- When they come out of oven you can brush with butter and roll in sugar or leave plain (no butter) or roll in icing sugar
- Use any type of filling you would like and with a piping bag stick in donut and squish out a good amount.