2.5 tsp Yeast
1 cup of very warm water
3.5 cups Flour
3 tbl of butter
2.5 tbls of sugar
1 heaping tsp of salt
- Place yeast, water and 1/2 cup flour into your mixing bowl and stir. Leave for 10 min till frothy
- Add egg, butter, sugar and salt to the frothy mixture and mix quickly
- Add flour slowly to the bowl while mixing until it forms a nice ball of dough about 5 min. This dough should be soft and slightly tacky to touch.
- Place the ball of dough in a greased covered bowl (saran wrap) and place in a warm place to rise. Approx 2 hours or until doubled in size
- Lightly flour your counter and place the flatten ball of dough on the counter and split into 8-12 depending on how big you would like your buns to be. If you choose to do 8 buns they will be quite large (4 x 4 inches)
- Shape into flat 1/2 inch thick discs and place on a silicone line pan about 1 inch apart
- Sprinkle the buns lightly with flour and place a piece of saran wrap loosely over them
- Let rise till doubled about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Beat 1 egg and 1 tbl of milk in a bowl and brush very very lightly on the top of the buns
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top
- Bake 15-17 min till golden brown
- Let cool completely then break apart where they are stuck together and slice for burgers.